Bill Spaniol Memorial Scholarship 2017
To promote the Kansas Environmental Health Association (KEHA) as a professional organization and encourage individuals to pursue a degree in Environmental Science or a related field by offering one or more scholarships annually in the amount of $500 to qualifying individuals.
Any student who will be graduating or has graduated from a high school accredited by the Kansas State Board of Education, or will be receiving or has received a general educational development (GED) credential issued by the Kansas Board of Regents, or will be graduating or has graduated from a Kansas home school program or a non-accredited private secondary school and will be attending a community college or a four-year private or public college or university.
- All documents must be typed.
- Submit the completed and signed Bill Spaniol Memorial Scholarship Application Form. A fillable application form is available at : Bill Spaniol Memorial Scholarship Application
- Submit all official current academic transcripts.
- Submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation; academic or employment-related.
- Provide information on involvement of non-school activities, including work experience.
- Submit a short personal statement addressing your overall academic and career goals.
- All applications must be received by February 28, 2017.
The KEHA executive board shall appoint a Scholarship Committee consisting of three (3) or more current KEHA members to review all applications.
First priority in awarding will be given to individuals who:
- Are seeking a career in Environmental Sciences or a related field;
- Are a current legal Kansas resident;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater;
- Are a relative of a current member of KEHA.