South Central Kansas 2019 Health & Medical Symposium
|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
WSU Hughes Metropolitan Complex 5015 E 29th St. N, Wichita, Kansas 67220 (map)
Symposium Summary: The Health and Medical Symposium provides a chance for South Central Kansas Emergency Support Function 8 (ESF8) partners to learn how other ESF 8 disciplines plan to respond during a large disaster/incident. Symposium Objectives:
• Exchange lessons learned and best practices
• Understand how the different ESF-8 disciplines integrate into a disaster response
• Gain an understanding of available ESF-8 resources
• Share and understand roles and responsibilities of partner agencies
• Obtain knowledge about proper resource request processes
• Understand disaster related safety and health issues
The main goal of the symposium is to expand regional collaboration.
Keynote Presenter: Fire Chief Samuel Peña of the Houston Texas Fire Department. Chief Peña is a 24-year veteran of the fire service and led his department in response to flooding that occurred in the Houston area.